Last Updated: July 21, 2020
As the situation around the COVID-19 pandemic continues to develop, we are finding new ways to serve you safely and effectively. At the government’s request and to protect the safety of all Canadians, we have made some temporary changes to our business. We would like to thank all of our customers for their patience, understanding and support during these unprecedented times. Here are some of the measures we have taken in response to the current situation:
OPENING HOURS FOR STORES IN OPERATION
These stores will remain open with reduced hours and the implementation of several new measures to ensure the safety of both our customers and employees. The store hours mentioned below are temporary and may change depending on how the situation develops. Refer to our Stores page to consult the opening hours.
PREVENTATIVE MEASURES IN OUR STORES
Ensuring the safety of both our customers and employees is our top priority. Here are some of the preventative measures we have put in place:
- All of our employees and customers are required to wear a face mask that covers the nose, mouth, and chin before entering one of our stores.
- Limited the number of customers allowed inside our stores at any given time;
- Created a team to help direct shoppers throughout our stores;
- Placed preventative action signage at store entrances, checkouts and service desks (sales, returns, footwear, etc.) to remind customers of the social distancing and safety measures currently in place;
- Reduced the number of open checkouts to allow space for social distancing;
- Put up signs and crowd control ropes to help direct customers around the checkouts and service desks (changing rooms, footwear, hunting and fishing counter, customer service, workshop);
- Placed distancing markers on the floor in order to encourage customers to maintain a safe distance;
- Installed Plexiglas shields in front of our checkouts and other high-traffic areas, including service desks.
- Placed hand sanitizing stations at all of our store entrances;
- Created a team to ensure that each customer entering the store disinfects their hands with hand sanitizer;
- Created a team to ensure that each shopping basket has been disinfected;
- Placed preventative action signage throughout our stores to remind customers of good hygiene practises;
- Created a dedicated in-store cleaning and disinfecting team;
- In addition to our increased daily sanitation practises, we have also increased the amount of time our employees spend cleaning and disinfecting our stores, including high-touch and high-traffic areas such as checkout lines, toilets and break rooms;
- Door handles, telephones, work stations, credit card readers, shopping cart handles and seats, as well as other high-touch areas are regularly cleaned and disinfected;
- All checkout equipment and surfaces (pin pads, counters, bar code readers and cash registers) are regularly cleaned and disinfected;
- All our employees wear masks as a preventative measure.
We would like to thank our customers for their cooperation and for respecting our sanitary regulations.
Limited Contact Shopping
- We encourage customers to avoid touching or handling any products that they do not intend to buy.
- We will be limiting the number of changing rooms open to our customers at any given time.
- A limited number of clothing items will be allowed in the changing rooms.
- Customer cooperation will be required when trying on any footwear in order to limit contact with our employees.
- Any clothing items that have been tried on by a customer will be pulled from the floor and set aside for 24 hours.
- Our workshops will not be offering immediate service. You will have to leave your product with one of our employees and then pick it up at a later date.
- We accept cash, but we continue to recommend payment by debit or credit card.
- Contactless payment limits on most credit cards have been increased to $250 so that customers do not have to use the pin pad.
A major clearance sale is underway as our Sportium stores will be closing soon. In this exceptional context, all transactions are final sales.
- No returns by mail will be accepted as of June 12, 2020.
- No exchanges or refunds in store will be accepted as of June 12, 2020.
If, however, we ship an item that does not match the description on our website, or if the item is defective, we will assume the return fee. Should this be the case, please contact customer service at the following address: email@example.com
Please note that the manufacturer’s warranty remains in effect, but must be discussed directly with the manufacturer.
Under public health recommendations, we have provided our employees with clear instructions on how they can help prevent the spread of the virus. We provide all of our employees with continuous awareness on preventive hygiene measures, such as frequently washing their hands, coughing or sneezing into their elbow, monitoring their health, limiting physical contact with other people, wearing gloves and following all of the updated guidelines from our management team.
We have taken the necessary preventative measures in all of our workplaces, including our stores, warehouses, head office and distribution centre. We encourage everyone to respect the social distancing and hygiene measures that we have put in place in order to protect the health and safety of all Canadians.
The preventive measures that we have taken may cause service delays. We would like to thank all of our customers for their patience, understanding and support. We encourage you to be extremely cautious but to remain physically active under these unique circumstances. We look forward to seeing you again very soon! Until then, stay safe!